GREPPER BELT RANKING:
1. No Belt - No worries. You are pry just pretty new to Grepper,
or not in the flow of saving code snippets when you run into and
solve a problem yet.
2. White Belt - You have stuck with it, you are putting in Grepper
answers on the regular, your answers have helped over 20 other
developers solve a problem. Pry takes about a 1-2 months for active
devs on grepper to get a white belt.
3. Yellow Belt - Yellow is about 3 times as hard to get as white belt.
You are getting in the rhythm of saving code snippets when you run into
a problem. Will take about 2-4 months of full time development /problem
solving to reach this point.
4. Orange Belt - Over twice as hard to get as yellow, you won’t reach
orange belt unless you are programming full time for 4-8 months and
solving problems the whole time.
5. Green Belt - A company should look at a green belt and want to hire you.
This is twice as hard to reach as an orange belt, and means you have been
at it for some time. It will pry take over a year for most devs
programming full time to reach a green belt. If your Grepper answers
are really good and helping lots of devs, you may be able to reach
green in under a year, but that would be rare.
6. Blue Belt - Your officially a Boss Developer. Hire this person.
7. Purple Belt - You have to be a Senior developer to get to this point.
Will take the best developers 4+ years, programming almost every
day to reach this point.
8. Brown Belt - Only the most senior developers will reach brown belt.
If you are a full time developer running into and solving problems for
8+ years you might be able to reach a brown belt.
9. Black Belt - You are programming too much and need to take a break…
seriously this is unhealthy.
Courtesy of Grepper website.